We seek them here, we seek them there....

4/26/13  at 4:19 PM
Diary Entry: Thursday, 26th April
The Fairelands is a vast a complex place, a colliding of worlds and cultures, thrown together for who knows what end? With that co-location of cultures comes ad-hoc tourism and opportunistic trading, the merchants across the Fairelands lay out their wares in anticipation of vast crowds of bargain hungry travellers seeking the new and exotic from far off lands.


 And it's a good thing too, it seems to me. For while I have singularly failed to track down my dunderheaded colleagues, it would seem that I was right to fear for their well-being.


I have explored the lands many times, but there is too much ground for just one person to cover and have any realistic hope of finding them. There have been times when I would have sworn I had seen them. High above me on the the upper levels of the floating city known as Titans' Hollow yet by the time I had run up the flights of steps to reach them, all trace of whoever it had been had simply vanished.

Two night's ago I ventured out to a nightclub, to see if I could find out any news or rumours and it was there that I first heard the appeal.
News just in from Steelhead informs us that Questers known as Dr Wirefly, Professor McMinn and Miss Primm are wanted in connection with the murder of a citizen of Steelhead.  They were apprehended in Steelhead but escaped by drugging the Sheriff and his trusty deputies.

These people are highly dangerous – if encountered, they should be reported to the Sheriffs of the Faireland. We are asking Fairgoers not to risk danger by approaching them directly.  If you see any other Questers, however, we believe you may still safely approach them and request information (and gifts).

Hastily I withdrew from the club, no easy task when the club is a flying ship whose like I could but dream of owning, no bag of flight gas holds this vessel aloft, it is instead supported by a living dragon.
  
The Faireland's Sheriffs are looking for them. The travellers and merchants are being warned to lookout for them, with promises of rewards for their capture but the good news is that all the while those pleas continue I can be certain that they have not been apprehended.
And tonight, whilst exploring the caverns of DragonSpire I caught sight of them. I know I was not mistaken, you don't get to fly a ship for long if you are prone to fanciful apparitions and mirages.Before I could lay chase, I was enveloped in a crowd of dwarves intent on mining the rich seams of jewels. I had lost them again, but I feel I am closing now. I must hope I am one step ahead of the Sheriff's, if all the other rumours are to be believed they are efficient and without mercy.

No comments: